Points to look for:
- The right foot has dropped as the weight of the body has come back to an even distribution.
- The player simply had to let his right arm drop a little to have his bat back into the ready position. Note that the bat is pointing forward in a neutral position, and is not left in place for another backhand.
- The waist, hips and shoulders have returned to their original position.
- His knees have begun to bend as he returns to his basic crouch position.
- His bodyweight is again evenly distributed between his left and right legs, and on the balls of his feet.
Next: The Backhand Push