Points to look for:
- The free arm has moved forward, beginning the process of turning the body back towards the player's left, adding to the power of the stroke.
- The bat is still held fairly low, since this player uses a little topspin when smashing the ball, and as such will have a slightly upward swing.
- The left leg has risen onto the toes, and will move forward in subsequent photographs as the forward swing continues.
- The right knee has straightened, as the player pushes up and forward from the right leg, adding to the power of the stroke.
- The playing arm has not yet moved forward, and will actually be the last part of the body to move forward into the ball.
- The player is still maintaining a close eye on the flight of the ball.