All About Equipment for Table Tennis / Ping-Pong
From Greg Letts, former About.com Guide
Introduction to Equipment
What equipment do you need to play table tennis? Are you looking to buy your first ping-pong paddle? Or are you an equipment junkie? Find out here!
- Equipment Needed to Play Table Tennis
- Choosing Your First Ping-Pong Paddle
- Premade Paddles vs Custom Rackets - What's the Difference?
- Guide to Speed Glue
- Are You an Equipment Junkie? The Top 10 Warning Signs
- Ping-Pong Ball Recommendations and Rants
- Technique vs Equipment in Table Tennis
Looking for advice on table tennis rubbers? Find out the best beginner and classic rubbers, learn how to clean and protect your rubbers, discover which rubbers are not recommended, and read rubber reviews.
- Best Beginner Ping-Pong Rubbers
- Classic Table Tennis Rubbers
- Choosing Your Table Tennis Rubbers
- Protecting Your Ping-Pong Paddle from Dirt and Damage
- Cleaning Your Table Tennis Racket
- How Often Should You Replace Your Table Tennis Rubbers?
- Should You Play With Short Pips?
- Guide to Long Pips
- Guide to Antispin
- Hall of Shame - Poor Quality Rubbers
- Killerspin Forza 4z - Rubber Review
- Dr. Neubauer Domination - Rubber Review
- Stiga Destroyer Long Pips - Rubber Review
- Joola Energy - Rubber Review
While rubbers come and go, a good table tennis blade is forever (or pretty close)! Chances are you'll be using your blade for a long time, so choosing the right blade is important. Get advice on the best beginner and advanced blades, and advice on how to choose the best blade for you. Read reviews of some of the most popular blades in ping-pong circles.
- Best Beginner Blades
- Classic Blades For Table Tennis
- How to Choose Your Blade
- How to Seal Your Table Tennis Blade - and Why
- Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit Blade - Review
- Stiga Optimum Plus Blade - Review
- Dawei Genote F Blade - Review
- Joola Guo 3C Blade - Review
Table Tennis Tables
Buying a table tennis table is one of the biggest purchases you will make in your ping-pong career, and hopefully one that will last you a long time! Get advice on how to choose a quality ping-pong table that will give you years of good service(s) and pleasure!
- Choosing Your Ping-Pong Table
- How to Build Your Own Ping-Pong Table
- Stiga Expert Table Tennis Table - Review
- Stiga Elite Roller Table Tennis Table - Review
- Stiga Basic Roller Table Tennis Table - Review
- Dawei Quattro A+ Ping-Pong Table - Review
Are ping-pong robots really the solution to a lack of practice partners? Are they value for money? What should you look for in a table tennis robot, and what should you be wary of? I've got all the goods (and plenty of reviews) on the table tennis robots out there. Make sure you get the best robot for you!
- Should You Purchase a Robot?
- Newgy Robo-Pong 2040 - Review
- Butterfly Amicus 3000 - Review
- SmartPong - Review
- Prakttismate PK1 and PK2 - Review
- TTmatic 302 - Review
- Butterfly Amicus 3000 Plus - Review
- XuShaoFa - Review
- Y&T V988, V989, V989D - Review
- TW2005-05 - Review
Buying table tennis shoes is tricky - sometimes just getting the right size can be difficult! Especially if you are a Westerner with feet above size 10 trying to get a shoe from Asian manufacturers. Every ping-pong player has different needs when it comes to grip, cushioning, support, lightness, flexibility, and price. And since it's difficult to try a friend's shoes (unless you are the same size!), I'll do my best to help you make a decision about which shoes suit you by providing a comprehensive guide to the many table tennis shoes available from ping-pong manufacturers.
- Top Table Tennis Shoes
- Guide to Choosing Your Table Tennis Shoes
- Stiga Speed-Grip Shoes - Review
- Yasaka Gatien Pro Shoes - Review
- Stiga Rapid Shoes - Review
Where to Buy Equipment
Looking to buy some ping-pong equipment online? I've put together lists of International, USA, and Australian distributors, to help you find the table tennis gear you are looking for.