Points to look for:
- The feet are placed almost square to the endline of the table, with the right foot a little further back than the left foot.
- The knees are slightly bent, and the legs a little more than shoulder width apart to give better balance and faster recovery after the serve is completed.
- The ball is placed on the palm of the free hand, which is flat and stationary. Also notice that the free hand is behind the endline and above the level of the playing surface.
- The torso is slightly bent forward, to allow better balance.
- The bat is held ready beside the free hand, with the playing elbow bent at around 90 degrees.